Power Ideas is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. Power Ideas is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”), which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Set out below is the information that Power Ideas is required to communicate to our customers. This statement may be amended by us from time to time. This information does not restrict Power Ideas rights under the Privacy Act in any way.
1. All emails, documents, images or other recorded information held or used by Power Ideas is Personal Information, as defined and referred to in clause 20.3, and therefore considered Confidential Information. Power Ideas acknowledges its obligation in relation to the handling, use, disclosure and processing of Personal Information pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988 (“the Act”) including the Part IIIC of the Act being Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017 (NDB) and any statutory requirements, where relevant in a European Economic Area (“EEA”), under the EU Data Privacy Laws (including the General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”) (collectively, “EU Data Privacy Laws”). Power Ideas acknowledges that in the event it becomes aware of any data breaches and/or disclosure of the Customer’s Personal Information, held by Power Ideas that may result in serious harm to the Customer, Power Ideas will notify the Customer in accordance with the Act and/or the GDPR. Any release of such Personal Information must be in accordance with the Act and the GDPR (where relevant) and must be approved by the Customer by written consent, unless subject to an operation of law.
2. Notwithstanding clause 1, privacy limitations will extend to Power Ideas in respect of Cookies where customer utilises the Power Ideas’s website to make enquiries. Power Ideas agrees to display reference to such Cookies and/or similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons (if applicable), such technology allows the collection of Personal Information such as the Customer’s:
(a) IP address, browser, email client type and other similar details;
(b) tracking website usage and traffic; and
3. Customer agrees that the Power Ideas may exchange information about the Customer with those credit providers and with related body corporates for the following purposes:
(a) to assess an application by the Customer; and/or
(b) to notify other credit providers of a default by the Customer; and/or
(c) to exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of this credit account, where the Customer is in default with other credit providers; and/or
(d) to assess the creditworthiness of the Customer including the Customer’s repayment history in the preceding two (2) years.
4. Customer consents to the Power Ideas being given a consumer credit report to collect overdue payment on commercial credit.
5. Customer agrees that personal credit information provided may be used and retained by the Power Ideas for the following purposes (and for other agreed purposes or required by):
(a) the provision of Goods; and/or
(b) analysing, verifying and/or checking the Customer’s credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of Goods; and/or
(c) processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by the Customer; and/or
(d) enabling the collection of amounts outstanding in relation to the Goods.
6. Power Ideas may give information about the Customer to a CRB for the following purposes:
(a) to obtain a consumer credit report;
(b) allow the CRB to create or maintain a credit information file about the Customer including credit history.
7. The information given to the CRB may include:
(a) Personal Information as outlined in 20.3 above;
(b) name of the credit provider and that Power Ideas is a current credit provider to the Customer;
(c) whether the credit provider is a licensee;
(d) type of consumer credit;
(e) details concerning the Customer’s application for credit or commercial credit (e.g. date of commencement/termination of the credit account and the amount requested);
(f) advice of consumer credit defaults, overdue accounts, loan repayments or outstanding monies which are overdue by more than sixty (60) days and for which written notice for request of payment has been made and debt recovery action commenced or alternatively that the Customer no longer has any overdue accounts
and Power Ideas has been paid or otherwise discharged and all details surrounding that discharge (e.g. dates of payments);
(g) information that, in the opinion of Power Ideas, the Customer has committed a serious credit infringement;
(h) advice that the amount of the Customer’s overdue payment is equal to or more than one hundred and fifty dollars.
8. Customer shall have the right to request (by e-mail) from Power Ideas:
(a) a copy of the Personal Information about the Customer retained by Power Ideas and the right to request that Power Ideas correct any incorrect Personal Information; and
(b) that Power Ideas does not disclose any Personal Information about the Customer for the purpose of direct marketing.
9. Power Ideas will destroy Personal Information upon the Customer’s request (by e-mail) or if it is no longer required unless it is required in order to fulfil the obligations of this Contract or is required to be maintained and/or stored in accordance with the law.
10. The Customer can make a privacy complaint by contacting Power Ideas via e-mail. Power Ideas will respond to that complaint within seven (7) days of receipt and will take all reasonable steps to make a decision as to the complaint within thirty (30) days of receipt of the complaint. In the event that the Customer is not satisfied with the resolution provided, the Customer can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.